亲子阅读|廖彩杏英文绘本The Mixed-Up Chameleon拼拼

作者:乐玩英语 10-10阅读:3745次

公众号/乐玩英语

绘本简介:

这本绘本的封面是一只变色龙,这在平常生活中是不常见的,家长在给孩子读这本绘本的时候,先引导孩子根据图片猜测这是什么动物,然后带着孩子一起看看这只变色龙身上有几种颜色,分别用英文讲出来。

翻开绘本会发现,这只变色龙明明本身就是很特别的,却一味地羡慕别人所拥有的,当它的所有愿望都达成后,它却焦虑了,一起来看看到底是怎么回事吧!

这本绘本告诫大家,每个人都有自己的特点,千万不同盲目去模仿别人,最终只会是邯郸学步,弄丢了自己最特别的东西。

英汉对照:

《拼拼凑凑的变色龙》

On a shinygreen leaf sat a small green chameleon.

It moved onto a brown tree and turned brownish.

Then it rested on a red flower and turned reddish.

When the chameleon moved slowly across the yellow sand, it turned yellowish.You could hardly see it.

在一片闪亮的绿叶上趴着一只绿色的小变色龙。

它爬到褐色的树干上就变成了褐色。

它停在一朵红色的花朵上就变成了红色。

当它慢慢爬过一片黄沙地,就变成了黄色。

你几乎很难发现它。

When thechameleon was warm and had something to eat, it turned sparkling green.

变色龙暖和又有东西吃的时候,就变成亮丽的绿色。

But when it was cold and hungry , it turned and dull.

当它又冷又饿时,它就变成暗淡的灰色。

When thechameleon was hungry, it sat still and waited. Only its eyes moved-up,down,sideways-until it spotted a fly.

Then thechameleon’s long and sticky tougue shot out and caught the fly.

变色龙饿了,就一动不动的趴着等待。仅仅是眼睛上上下下,忽左忽右的转动——直到盯住了一只苍蝇。

那时,变色龙的长长的,黏黏的舌头就会射出去,捉住苍蝇。

That was its life. It was not very exciting. But one day...

那就是它的生活,一点激情也没有。直到有一天...

...the chameleon saw a zoo !

...变色龙看到了动物园!

It had never seen so many beautiful animals.

它从来没有见过这么多漂亮的动物。

The chameleon thought: How small I am, how slow, how weak!

I wish I couldbe big and while like a polar bear.

And thechameleon’s wish came true.

But was it happy? No!

变色龙想:我身材太小,行动太慢,身体太弱!

我要是能像北极熊又大又白就好了。

变色龙梦想成真了。

可是它快乐吗?一点也不快乐。

I wish I could be handsome like a flamingo.

我要像火烈鸟那样漂亮。

I wish I could be smart like a fox.

我要像狐狸那样优雅。

I wish I could swim like a fish.

我要像鱼儿会游泳。

I wish I could run like a deer.

我要像鹿会奔跑。

I wish I could see things for away like a giraffe.

我要像长颈鹿那样看得很远很远。

I wish I could hide in a shell like a turtle.

我要像乌龟那样能藏在壳里。

I wish I could be strong like an elephant.

我要像大象那样强壮。

I wish I could be funny like a seal.

我要像海豹那样有趣。

I wish I could be like people.

我还想像人那样。

Just then a fly flew by.

这时,一只苍蝇飞过。

The chameleon was very hungry.

变色龙觉得饿极了。

But the chameleon was very mixed-up.

槽糕的是,它只是拼拼凑凑起来的。

It was a little of this and it was a little of that.

有点像这个,又有点像那个。

And it couldn't catch the fly.

它已经捉不到苍蝇了。

I wish I could be myself.

The chameleon's wish came true.And it caught the fly !

“我要成为我自己。”

变色龙如愿以偿,它又能捉到苍蝇了!

欢迎添加【乐玩英语】微信公众号:lewanabc_com

领取更多绘本亲子阅读+儿歌互动+多版本音频+专业示范视频等英语启蒙资源。